Monday, August 18, 2014

Meet The Teacher


Hello! My name is Gena Mathes and I will be teaching your child this year. This will be my 11th year teaching first grade at Elmont. I love teaching first grade! They are so eager to learn and I love seeing their faces light up when they discover something new. It is amazing the growth that these students make in just one year.

I am married to my husband, Jeff. Jeff graduated from Seaman High School and we are glad to be a part of this wonderful district. I am originally from small town Axtell, Kansas. I grew up on a farm and I'm still a country girl at heart. I really love the Seaman school district because it has a "small town" feel to it. We have two sons who are the highlight of our lives! Carter is 4 and Landry is 9 months old.

 I graduated from Kansas State University (Go Wildcats!) in May 2004 with a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and an endorsement in middle school science. In 2008, I earned my Masters of Science in Curriculum and Instruction from Emporia State University and National Board Certification. I love learning and I try to learn something new every day! 



In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, photography, and reading.
I'm looking forward to a great school year!

No comments: